IB DP Theatre Teacher
- All University Honors BS in Anthropology - Binghamton University
- IB Certificate in Teaching and Learning - Oakland University
- Masters of Education in IB Education - Oakland University
- Theatre teacher license - Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- MFA coursework in Playwriting, Acting, Voice, Movement, History - Actors Studio Drama School at Pace University
I am the co-founder (along with my wife Svetlana) of J. Lasky Productions, an international theatre company that has staged work on three continents with translations into Chinese and Russian. My one-act play Mend the Envelope was published in QU Literary Journal in January 2016 and played at New York City’s Midtown International Theatre Festival and the Thespis Theatre Festival. My newest one-act play Last Exit Before You’re Off the Grid was a finalist at the 2017 Act One: One Act festival in New York City and has been published by The Secret Theatre.
My wife and I are currently working on a new collaboration in Murmansk, Russia entitled 40 Days of Night which has been made possible through Theater Communication Group’s On the Road grant with support from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. I am the founder and live composer of the Shanghai Soundpainting Ensemble, which played five sold-out shows in its initial run in 2014. Currently I teach at UWC Dilijan and also collaborate with members of the Dilijan arts community to increase artistic expression outside of UWC Dilijan.
Best experience at UWCDEvery day with my students; seeing all the big brothers and sisters playing with our daughter and son; my wife photographing and editing promo pictures for the theatre students' upcoming performances.
The will of the teacher must equal the will of the student.
- Elizabeth Kemp