IB DP Theatre Teacher
- All University Honors BS in Anthropology - Binghamton University
- IB Certificate in Teaching and Learning - Oakland University
- Masters of Education in IB Education - Oakland University
- Theatre teacher license - Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- MFA coursework in Playwriting, Acting, Voice, Movement, History - Actors Studio Drama School at Pace University
I have 11 years of international teaching experience in China, Russia, and Kenya. I am the co-founder (along with my wife Svetlana) of J. Lasky Productions, an international theatre company that has staged work on three continents with translations into Chinese and Russian. Our current project is a collaboration in Murmansk, Russia entitled 40 Days of Night which has been made possible through Theater Communications Group’s On the Road grant with support from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. We are also developing a new theatre workshop called “The Experiment: See-Act-Share” which has run at the Yerevan State Institute of Theatre and Cinematography.
My one-act play Mend the Envelope was published in QU Literary Journal and played at New York City’s Midtown International Theatre Festival and the Thespis Theatre Festival. My newest one-act play Last Exit Before You’re Off the Grid was a finalist at the 2017 Act One: One Act Festival in New York City and has been published by The Secret Theatre.
I am the co-founder and live composer of both the Shanghai Soundpainting Ensemble and the Armenian Soundpainting Ensemble.
Best experience at UWCDEvery day with my students; seeing all the big brothers and sisters playing with our daughter and son; my wife photographing and editing promo pictures for the theatre students' upcoming performances.
The will of the teacher must equal the will of the student.
- Elizabeth Kemp