- Masters of Science (Physical Geography), Faculty of Geography and Regional Studies - University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
- Geography Teacher Certificate, Faculty of Geography and Regional Studies - University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
- Qualified Teacher Status - General Teaching Council for England, UK
- Doctor of Earth Sciences (Geography), Faculty of Geography and Regional Studies - University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
I have been teaching IB DP Geography since 2004, primarily at the IB schools in Poland and Netherlands, where I was also a CAS Coordinator. Before joining UWC Dilijan College in August 2017, I have worked in various leadership positions at international schools in Russia and Kyrgyzstan, where my responsibilities included: leading a school community through the accreditation process (IB, NEASC) and serving as the institutional leader in terms of public relations, strategic planning, community service and student admissions. I am a certified IBDP workshop leader, 5 year school review and CAS evaluation report reader. I was involved in the promotion of the IB Diploma Programme recognition by the Polish universities and by the Kyrgyz Ministry of Education. I participated in the Fulbright Commission’s and US Department of State The Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program at the George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia. For a brief moment I also worked as the Research Assistant at the Educational Research Institute of the Polish Ministry of Education.
Why I Teach at UWCD
Working and living in a truly international community located in a country on the edge of Europe and Asia.
It's worth being honest, though doesn't always pay off. It pays off to be dishonest, but it isn't worth it
- W. Bartoszewski, a former Auschwitz concentration camp prisoner, a former Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs